Friday, December 5, 2008

Grounded and Cold




My little tree looked so cute when Jackie got finished decorating.
We put it on top of a 5 1/2 foot shelf.
Of course, when I got up this morning my tree was on the floor and
the little ornaments scattered everywhere. GIZMO!!!!!!
We sure thought we had put it where she couldn't get it.
I'm going to have Jackie put it back up and just lock Gizmo in the
bedroom at night and when I'm in here computing. So, I guess
you could say "she's grounded'. LOL

Brrrrr, baby it's cold outside. It never got out of the 30's today and it's supposed to be 20 tonight. I am definitely a warm weather lady. How long until Summer gets here? I know I'm wishing my life away but I would love to sit in my back yard with a good book and a cold drink soaking up the WARM sun.

My daughter still has some shopping to do for the kids so we are heading to Walmart tomorrow. Not during the day, no way. We are going about 10:00 P.M. after most people have given it up for the day. This town usually rolls up the sidewalks by 9 but since a 24 hour Walmart appeared on the scene, some of us venture out later. I just need to get all the wrapping paper and gift boxes etc. that I need to wrap. I wish I had gone out after Christmas last year and got all that.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Hugs, Joyce


18 comments:

  1. Hope nothing broke. Good luck at Walmart :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats knocked over our tree a week or so ago. Hopefully they won't do it again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to see my blog entry of today...dogs wouldn't do that (HA, as if...), but they can do tricks. Can cats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gizmo! I bet she had a look on her face like "It wasn't me!" Even though you know it was!

    Have a great weekend and try to stay warm. It's cold here, too. Brrrr! I wore my parka today.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, poor little grounded Gizmo. She was just curious, mom! Sorry it's so cold there right now, it kind of goes with the season. If we could just compress winter down to one month... let it be cold and snowy in december for Christmas and go right back to spring in January. Good luck at Walmart!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my.....I forgot what it's like to have a pet around as it has been years but nothing broken now.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad little kitty. I haven't put a tree up yet. Aren't Maui'i & Gizmo about the same age? Ut-Oh.

    hugssss....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just know Gizmo had the best time! It hasn't been below freezing here yet but with the windchill factor it might as well be. Happy shopping :).........

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep, that'll happen with furr babies. lol
    shopping is dreadful this time of year. to go get my gro at super walmart i go at 7:am-9:am, won't venture to a store after that!
    have a good wkend.
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cats are the same with the Tree...lol, it's cold here too and snow covered in some parts of the country, I'll be out early tommorrow to try and get ahead of the frenzy at the shops.

    Take care

    Yasmin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Maxine cartoon. I also like to go to Wal*Mart at night. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. too funny. When I started to read that you were going to Walmart tomorrow..I wanted to yell,"No,not on the week-end". I was very happy to see that you know that going at night is the best way to go..lol. It's a mad house there..
    Enjoy your shopping time,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gizmo probably thought when she saw the tree "a new toy!!!" good idea to ground her! I'm so with you about the cold weather; I never warmed up from October to June when we lived in Montana only at night under 10 blankets and when I took a shower; otherwise I would always cold. I used to wish I could bottle up a hot day from August and let it out in January; of course it couldn't happen, but it was a nice thought!

    good idea to hit WalMart when its not busy

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gee do you live in my town it's time for those sidewalks to roll up now.
    I like to go to Walmart when everyone else is at home it's faster.
    Love the Maxine cartoon. LOL on Gizmo being grounded.
    It was so nice of you to put up that new toy out of reach LOL.
    Have a great weekend and stay warm. Cold here to and flurries.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Miss Joyce,

    HOW YA BEEN! Really glad to be back it's bee one thing after another. I see you are still making those beautiful Tags. Stay Warm and I will be checking with yu later.

    God Bless

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL happy my bird never does things like that

    ReplyDelete
  17. (((((((((((((((((JOYCE))))))))))))))))))Its cold here and is very cold here today and tonight,I had hair all nice and combed for work and when I went to work,my hair was all messy.LOl.When we had our dog here in the house,She would eat the ice scikle off the tree.I am not no way near done with Christmas shoping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you are finished with your shopping. Oh my..I haven't even started. I am so last minute. blah. lol Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete