Saturday, December 12, 2009

My week in a nutshell...










OMG it's cold. Wahhhh! I want summer back. I got up to 16 degrees this morning and it has reached a whopping 25 so far. We are actually supposed to reach 40 by this afternoon. That will feel like a heat wave. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Yes, I had the heat on but had turned it way down for sleeping, so I ran to the thermostat and hiked it up and ran back to bed until it warmed up some more.

Let's see, I actually did some stuff this week. On Monday my friend came and picked me up and we went and had Chinese and caught up with each other. She is also retired from General Motors and we used to carpool together (the plant is about an hour from home) for several years. I retired about 4 years before she did and was tickled when she retired because I knew we would be seeing each other more.

Oh and BTW, I did not think about my diet that day. I just enjoyed...bad me.

After I got home on Monday and picked my little table top tree up and put it back together (I forgot to lock Gizmo up),
my granddaughter surprised me with supper that she made herself (she's 12). She made chicken and rice with broccoli and it was pretty good. She said she paid attention the last time I made it for her and me. She eats like her Grandma and her Uncle Bruce. Her mother and brother are picky, picky, picky. But the three of us will eat (or at least try) anything.

So Thursday I treated my daughter to a trip to the beauty parlor with me (she never spends money on that kind of thing). I got my hair cut and she got a cut, thinning (very thick hair), a color and some highlights. She looked great and was so pleased with it. I think that may have been the best Christmas present I bought this year. We went by her job so she could show everyone and they all made over her. I enjoyed it as much as she did, I think...lol. Hey, I'm still a mom even though she's 37.

We went to Walmart after that and I spent way more than I
had planned but I got just about everything I need for our
Christmas Eve gathering. The only thing I'll get at the last
minute is the Hawaiian Bread for the Spinach Dip.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous (and warm) weekend. I know
many of you are snow bound, except you dang Floridian's that
the rest of us are jealous of.

Hugs, Joyce

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week. That was so sweet of your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been bitterly cold here too. brrr
    sounds like you had a lovely day with you friend. and everyone deserves a break occ from dieting (have you visited my blog lately & seen how much weight i've lost, i'm so proud of myself. just check the ticker on sidebar).
    guess gizmo had fun, huh? lol
    that was sweet of your gdtr. i'll wager she's a gem.
    awww, i'd love to see your new hr cut. know you & dtr enjoyed that time together. plan on getting my hr cut & a few highlights next week (was supposed to do it last week, but snow was too bad).
    tomorrow is my wally world day. ;)
    have a good weekend. stay warm!
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little pampering, especially when it is a gift for a loved one, warms the heart :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawwaiian Bread in Spinache Dip? You folks are going to have a great time. I can see that.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Joyce!
    Hugs,Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. you say you never have anything to write about but you always prove yourself wrong. LOL

    Happy New Year, J!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS... Just like Florida, there is no snow here either! LOL
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce,
    I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I haven't been around bloggerville much lately and I hate losing touch with some of my favorites. =)

    I've never thought of having Hawaiian bread with spinish dip, I'll have to try that sometime. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce, Hope things are well with you. Merry Christmas.
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unquestionably beliеve that whіch you stated. Your favorite
    justification appeared to be on the ωeb the ѕimρlеѕt thing
    tο be aware of. I say to you, I certаinly get annoyed while
    peoplе think about worrieѕ that they just dо not
    know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    defined out the ωhole thing without having sіde-еffects
    , people сan take a sіgnal. Will ρrοbably be bacκ to get more.
    Τhanks

    My blog poѕt :: st.Soverse.com/node/59996

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stаrt this game out by ѕaуing, “I'm going on a trip and I'm bringing.

    Even ωhen plaуers guess the identіty corгеctly, they have to keep tгeating peoρle like
    the staгs whosе name iѕ tapeԁ to
    theіг bacκ. Bucket Limbо will result
    іn ѕhrieks of exсitemеnt and your childгen ωill requeѕt it again and аgain.
    Demonstrаtе a simple ԁomino game with
    plаyers tаκіng turns to match either еnd of the lіnе.
    You can gеt mаny oρtions anԁ
    ideaѕ of organizing the party online.


    my weblog Free Unblocked games

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such traditional tattoo images were made out of shark teeth and also
    identified the social status of the owner.
    Six seem to be dingbat fonts that includes a multitude of waste
    tattoo-appropriate artwork, including hearts, skulls, animals like dragons and
    scorpions, fantasy art, and tribal and Celtic symbols.
    It is the representative of Hawaii in television and movies.

    He could be the guy who thinks which he was developed under an unlucky star.
    It was obviously a common to find weapons of
    war being tattooed upon men.

    my web site tattoo galleries

    ReplyDelete
  13. It may well not imply that breeders usually are
    not good German Shepherd breeders given that they
    aren't listed having a registry. Because with the intimate affiliation between your two, both lines are basically precisely the same bloodline. The reliable top pet promoters facilitated the lovers with the German shepherd over the virtual tour. This frequently occurs in German shepherd puppies which might be being caged in pet stores for purchase. Also, dog figures are a fantastic gift on your friends who love dogs but cannot purchase for them currently.

    My blog post; white german shepherd puppies

    ReplyDelete