Saturday, October 25, 2008

This 'n That


The weekend is here and with it the sun is back out. We needed the rain and got a good soaking yesterday. I've been under the weather for a couple of days (some kind of stomach funk) but am feeling much better today. So today will be a do nothing day (like most lol) to recoup and get my strength back, since I haven't eaten for a couple of days. I got "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (the original) from Netflex and after I fix something to eat I will settle in and watch it. I've seen it before, but it is such a feel-good movie I wanted to see it again.

I just got off the phone with #1 Son. Looks like I'm gonna have a job while I watch. He wanted to know if he could drop off some work clothes for me to wash for him. He's been working six days a week (second shift) and just hasn't had time to do it. He does so much for me, I sure don't mind doing a little laundry for him. He works for a company that builds stuff for FEMA trailers and they are working as fast as they can to get Texas supplied. This is usually the time of year they slow down, but not this year. He says if they keep up all the over time he will have enough savings to pay cash for a new car (which he has been planning to buy in 2009) and still have plenty of savings for a rainy day. Of course, he'll be completely worn out. lol.

One of the churches here is doing 'home made' TV dinners for $2 each and I ordered $28.00 worth during our Oktoberfest Festival. They are so good. Good old country cooking and much more food than the store bought kind. I can usually get 2 meals out of one dinner. Anyway, they are ready for pick up today so my daughter is going to get them for me. Isn't that a neat way to make extra money for the church?

Ok, rambling is done. Have a good weekend everyone.

Hugs, Joyce

13 comments:

  1. That's a great idea for the church dinners! I hope they raise a lot of money with it!

    Glad to hear you're feeling better...I bet you're hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Just have a nice relaxing Saturday.
    Marlen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the e from my name. It fell in my tea but I dug it out.
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Have a good evening and a happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Thats great about the church dinners. How nice your son will be able to buy a new car. he certainly has a worthwhile job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your feeling better, the Church dinners what a good idea and also raising money.

    enjoy the rest of the weekend

    Yasmin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. TV dinners was a great idea and so cheap. That's my kind of cooking. Take care and get well soon:)alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better, Joyce. We've all had that stomach thing here last weekend. It's been cold and drizzling here for a couple of days. Those $2 dinners sound really good and what a darned bargain they are. I would have stocked up also. Hope you have a good Sunday! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a nice way to make money and you know the dinners are good home cooked meals even better. Sorry you're feeling bad hope you get better soon. I'm sure your son would appreciate you helping him out with the clothes if you're like me it's nothing I'm usually not doing much anyway. Well if you don't count tearing the house apart LOL. I have never seen that movie, well someday. Hope you enjoy and get some rest. Sounds like a good blanket day.
    Take care, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are helping out #1, and that you found a great meal deal :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a cute way to make money for the church! and you are right; I bet they are delicious!!! I hope you feel better soon!

    I think its neat that your son will be able to buy a car with cash and have some money left over with that overtime; you're a good mom to help him with the laundry!!!

    enjoy the movie!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to heay you been under the weather, glad you're feeling better. Thats a good way to raise money

    ReplyDelete